Friday, March 14, 2008

Guess what??

I'm back!

So I am officially the worst blogger ever, but I am going to try very hard to be consistent for the rest of my trip, which I know isn't very long, but it's better than nothing, right?

I guess I'll start with Egypt (so long ago!)


Day One:

The first day of our Egypt trip we spent mostly driving. We stopped at a couple of sites along the way and then spent the night at a kibbutz. The first stop we made was at Tel Beersheba. This was an archeological site that has existed since probably around the time of Abraham. They said it was very possible that Abraham would've spent some time here and very well may have been the area that they were in when Sarah sent Hagar and Ishmael away. The most fun part about the site was wearing hard hats!

Us standing infront of Tel Beersheba (from left to right: Shea, Molly, Steph, me)




Steph and I hiding behind a tree. We think were funny.


At the tel there was a very large water cistern where they held all the water for the town. Underground in the tell there were lights shining against the wall so we decided to take fun pictures!

After we went to the burial place of David Ben Gurion who was the first prime minister of the new state of Israel. From his memorial you could see the Wilderness of Zin (background of the picture) where the Israelites spent a lot of their time in the wilderness.

That night we stayed at a kibbutz near the border of Egypt. At dinner there was live music playing and we sang and danced for over an hour. All 80 of us singing and dancing around the tables. It was so much fun! I'm trying to find pictures of it so as soon as I do I will post them.

No comments: